Sunday, December 19, 2010

You're A Mean One

Tis the season for much holiday music listening. Anyone who knows me knows this isn't a big deal since I listen to Christmas music 365/24/7 anyway. Hellllllo ten hours of iTunes tinsel-y glory. At work we have on a generic Christmas station - and I love it. Except there are a few songs that I just will never like and don't understand.

First: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. Did anyone else know that this is supposed to be a song about the kid seeing his mom kissing his dad and thinking it was santa? Because I sure didn't pick up on that. I thought it was mom cheating on dad with an old creepy dude. Always have, until someone told me otherwise this year. I think they are lying and that this song is just weird.

Second: Santa Baby. Material girl of the Christmas season will prostitute herself out for stuff. Plus - every rendition I have ever heard of it is so painfully crooned it makes me uncomfortable to listen to it in public.

Third: Last Christmas. It is just the worst song ever.

Anyone else have certain songs that just make them want to go the way of The Grinch?

No comments: